We welcomed our little man on Fri 2nd Nov, 2007. My due date was 31st Oct and that came and went! I woke and went to the toilet at 3.30am that morning and had my show and started having contractions every 5-10 mins from then on and they were getting really painful. I woke Troy up to tell him and he muttered something and went straight back to sleep! At 5.15 am my waters broke while I was lying bed and this time Troy jumped out of bed...lol. I went for a quick shower and he rang the hospital who said to go in. We got to the hospital at 5.45 am. The pain got unbearable so I asked if it was 2 late to have an epidural...the midwives didn't think I was ready and were busy looking after other mums going into labour. I felt the urge to push and hadn't even gotten changed out of my clothing so when Troy pushed the buzzer to let them know, it was a mad rush to get the clothes off me as baby was coming and wasn't waiting around! It was funny, 3 pushes and he was out at 6.16 am. The umbilical cord was tied around his neck so Praise the Lord that he came out as fast as he did. He had swallowed some meconium and had a temp so was given a few doses of antibiotics. My iron levels were low so they were monitoring whether I needed to have a blood transfusion. We stayed in hospital till Monday. Glad to come home!
No comments:
Post a Comment